NATIONAL COMPANY THE PORTS ADMINISTRATION OF THE MARITIME DANUBE S.A.
NC PAMD's SA Galati main activity is to provide proper operation condition to all users of the port infrastructure existing in its activity area, in line with the European Union standards.
NC PAMD SA Galati, on the basis of a concluded agreement with ROMANIAN MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTS, has in concession the quays, roadsteads, berths and basins as well as the whole amount of port territories located on its activity area.
- Thus, in15 years of activity, the Company has consolidated a well known reputation in providing efficient and professional services.
The main directions of our company's strategy for the development of the ports that NC PAMD SA Galati is managing are the following:
Development of Galati Port as a logistic platform serving the commercial exchanges between the Western and Central countries and the Eastern European countries, as an alternative to the road transport;
- Development of Galati Port as a feeder port for Constantza Port, through the Danube – Black Sea Channel;
Development of Galati Port for the sea short shipping navigation through the Sulina Channel with the purpose to deplete Constantza Port of the vessels with a tonnage below 5000 tdw;
- Development of Braila Port as feeder for Galati Port;
- Development of Tulcea Port for cruising tourism with river and maritime vessels.
For the purpose of integrating the Maritime Danube's Ports in the European Transport Network, our Company is pursuing several strategic directions:
- Connecting the ports with hinterland
- Attracting the investments which bring cargo traffic
- Long time development of infrastructure
- Increase of competitiveness
- Regional integration
- Cooperation and partnership with European organizations
The Company's strategy for log time development in ports:
- Investments in port infrastructure to be compatible with the natural environment
- Informing and involvement of port users
- Training of personnel
- Collection and management of wastage coming from vessels
- Pollution prevention and intervention in case of accident
Technology (organizations and programs
Financial sources from donor (grant)
Industrial equipment (contribution in kind to investment projects)
Training programs for employees
Industrial land (with associated services to be developed)
2007 © UPIR. All Rights Reserved.