Is located on the left bank of the Danube, between Km 168+300 and Km 170+875.
Braila Harbour has a basin with the length of 550m and width of 145m. On the length of 550m, the quay is vertical.
Railways, roads, electricity, fresh water and fire-fighting water networks are available in Braila Harbour.
The minimum level insured in Braila Harbour os 23 feets (7 010 m) and at higher levels of the Danube, vessels up to 10,000 dwt have acces (the minimum level depends on the Danube level)
loading, discharging, storing, stowage, lashing, sorting;
marking and other services related to goods;
goods storage in pallets, parcels, containers, sacks;
internal and international shipping of goods;
cleaninng barns and store rooms onboard vessels;
cleaning and gas-freeing of tanks;
agency services fosr vessels;
repairs of vessels and pieces of equipment;
supervision of vessels without crew.
Braila Port have the followings:
- grain silos with a capacity of about 17000 tons having all the needed utilities;
Transport river activities and port operator is made with:
- 11 cranes with power from 5 to 16 tf;
- 16 derrick cranes;
- 26 tractors;
- front end loaders;
- 4 port warehouses having a total surface of 9,809 m2;
- arranged platforms having a surface of 70,968 m2;
- unarranged platforms having a surface of 44,032 m2;
- 2 pushers of 2720 HP bought in 2005 ("VULTUR 1" and "ALDEBARAN");
- 2 pushers of 2400 HP;
- 1 pusher of 1780 HP;
- 1 tugboat of 1500 HP;
- 2 pushers of 600 HP;
- 1 tugboat of 650 HP (in rebuilding fase);
- 21 schleps of our own;
- 3 floating cranes;
- 19 barges of our own.
The technical endowment of the harbour
- 9 maritime berths;
- 29 river berths;
- quay cranes of 5 tf and 16 tf;
- 2 bridge cranes, floating cranes;
- storage platforms;
- for goods on a surface of 246 000 mp;
- a grain silo of 6800 tons and floating cranes.